Sunday, July 30, 2017

Only So Much




There is only so much a gal can do.

A poem unfinished.
Photos without identifiers.
I am tired, and so is July...

After the tourists leave, after I regain my strength and motivation, I will do better.








Civilization, oh you overrated human construct!
Holding up your achievements like a megalomaniac
Creating an Other
Which did not before exist
Which, even now does not exist 
Except in adulterated mindsets.

Utterly self-centred
Raping and pillaging the earth -like no other creature has done before
Your pangs of regret have you thinking
You can make amends
You can Fix what... 
































2 comments:

Ialiuxh Kolbel said...

I am coming to the Island on August 14 for 2 weeks. My 8 year old daughter has a magical connection with horses. Always has. I hope you remember me and that we can see you while we are on the Island.

Lynne Gerard said...

Hello Ialiuxh!
Yes, I remember you! Nice that you will be able to visit the Manitoulin this summer.

I am presently working six days a week . I have the gallery open Tuesdays thru Sundays from 10 am to 4pm until September, after which I switch back to off season ours and will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays 10 - 4 all throughout the fall, winter and sprintime.

I can show your daughter some photos of the Ravenseyrie horses published in books (sorry visits to the preserve are out of the question these days) but her best bet to gain an appreciation of these "wild" horses would be to prowl through the Journal of Ravenseyrie and check out the videos I've made of them on YouTube.

The Kicking Mule Ranch and Honora Bay Riding Stables both offer opportunities for youngsters to get up close and personal with horses - you might check in with them to book a ride...

Wishing you a super holiday on the Manitoulin!